Tuesday, May 04, 2010

First Day for Loca On-the-job Training (LOT) @ GSK Bio.

first day of training ended.. was so tired.. woek up at 5.30am and bathed and prepare to leave house at about 6am.. was slightly late as I only manage to leave my hse at about 6.10am.. then faster walk to the bus stop.. it was fast as i only took 5 mins to walk there where usually i will walk for 8-10mins coz i really scare i miss the company bus.. so the bus reach pasir ris interchange about about 6.35am.. then the MRT only left the station at 6.45am.. where i was so damn scare i miss the bus coz I'm suppose to reach Outram before 7.30am.. luckily hte train was fast.. reach outram at 7.20am.. went to buy a Mr Bean Chocolate pancake then walk over to the pick up point.. almost missed the bus as I was told there will be a SN02 signage on the bus but there wasn't. I manage to ask the last person who was boarding the bus which company he was.. that's quite luckily of me to ask if not I will miss that bus and got to take cab..

the company shuttle bus left about about 7.35am and only reach company (Tuas) at about 8.05am (which is kinda of earlier than normal as I was told some company has Monday as Public Holiday, so the traffic wasn't so tight).. and so I went to the Security GuardHouse to get a pass before entering the premises. and meet Dawn (HR) and had a short briefing before met up with my supervisor (Sharon). Sharon is my supervisor now as I am helping her with the setting up of SAP system while next year I will help Yeting with IPC, which is In-Process Control. Tour around the company to know which building is for what purpose (eg. production, quality control, coupling etc), and also to know where is the washroom, cafeteria, meeting rooms are at..

lunch is between 11.30am-1.30pm.. we are only given 30 MINUTES lunch time =( the food is not bad but just very big serving and I was so hungry that I manage to finish them as I have super early breakfast at 6am. after lunch went to the Security guard house for photo-taking for the employee pass.. after that went back to the office to reach some documents.. office is very strict.. NO DRINKS AND FOOD ALLOWED IN THE OFFICE.. only can drinks and grab some small bites in the pantry.. however, for my building (no. 2), hot food is not allowed in the pantry.. only building #1 where the main office/reception and cafeteria are, allowed hot food.. so if wanna go for a drink, must walk to the pantry to drink water..

almost fell asleep from 2.30-3.30pm range.. partially is after lunch plus the document is so wordy plus it was raining.. what a nice weather to sleep =x haha.. so went to the pantry and washroom once in awhile to prevent myself from falling asleep.. went for a Lab tour (Level 3 of Building 2), where the changing room is at Level 2 of Building 2 (where my desk is at). so we change(Lab coat, goggle, shoes cover) and walk pass to the other end of the changing room where the Cleanroom is. First went to the Sample Reception area which is at Level 2, where customers bring their samples to do testing. and walk up the stair to level 3 (is a cleanroom environment, everyone is in lab attire). level 3 is all the different Quality Control (QC) labs and offices are. QC is very big as there are different department within it.. There is Biochem, chemistry, Environmental, IPC, Logistics and SAP. ALot of different testing room. got Bio-chem physical, endotoxin etc. For CHemistry, they test on Raw materials and release product.. there are 83 raw materials and a total of thousands (1000+++) tests to be done. After lab tour it was almost time to go home =) finally as I was so tired as I woke up so early..

Company bus left at 5.40pm and manage to reach Outram at 6.20pm.. then I only manage to reach Pasir Ris at 7.05pm then took bus, walk home was almost 7.30.. bathed and eat dinner and was almost 9pm le.. and after dinner feel so tired and took a nap until just now (2.30am) and i think i will be dead for training/work tomorrow..

I'm writting all this down before I need to submit a Quarterly Progress Report to EDB, so it serves as a assessment to them to give us the Training allowance (my monthly salary). and because of this quarterly report, my supervisor wants me to submit a MONTHLY report to her so that I can write my quarterly report easily.. it is tiring to me as still have to write report during work, but who ask me to be UNDER TRAINING, NOT NORMAL WORKING =( anyway, it's good also as I know it will help me to remember what I have learnt. So Monthly report on every 13th of the Month while Quarterly report should be on every 3rd of the quarter year as I start my training on 3rd May 2010.. 2 years of training, got to work hard, can't back-out now.. GAMBATTE..!! because i need the training stipends, so I got to work hard.. now what i'm looking forward to is 30th of each month.. my training allowance day =pPp

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, is there any company bus at bukit batok to gsk biological

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any other shuttle bus other then outram park

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home